Specialist Screen Acting Workshop
This event is currently postponed and will be going ahead later this summer
To register your interest contact us via:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book
The course is £125 in total
This two and a half day workshop by film and TV director and screen acting tutor, Doug Rollins, provides a rare opportunity to discover the skills and techniques that are essential to understanding the art of screen acting.
All too often actors arrive at a casting, or worse, a shoot, technically ill equipped and often hopelessly unprepared for the discipline and rigour of film acting.
This intensive two and a half day workshop will provide a comprehensive overview of the skills, techniques, pitfalls and protocol that are essential to comprehend if you wish to achieve believable screen performances, or just learn the differences between what you do, what you think you do and what you want to do
What You’ll Learn:
- It will cover the casting process (if you don’t audition well, you don’t get work)!
- There will be set acting challenges in sub text and understanding screenplay.
- We will look at who’s who on a set and what they do.
- frame sizes, the language of film and the working environment including on set protocol and managing energy.
- You will learn how the absence of an audience and the concept of not to ‘perform’ will liberate you as an actor and prepare you for the intensity of camera investigation and the magnification of your image.
- You will participate in detailed exercises in listening, rhythm, scene dynamics and methods of accessing emotion.
- Throughout the weekend there will be script/ scene development which will culminate in a series of short INT /EXT shoots, with playback and group review.
The course will be purely practical and will replicate a professional environment with a 35mm camera, lights and quality audio recording throughout the three days.
This will be enlightening, challenging and fun. With lots of coffee and great facilities at Cygnet!